Monday, January 13, 2014

Blackjack




I decided I wanted a black front door years ago. However, living in an apartment didn't give me the option of going dark. When we bought our first home this last summer, I knew painting the door had to be one of the first projects I completed. Initially, I wanted the deepest black I could find. Then, I decided I wanted a softer black that was still murky & still moody, but not so harsh or to the point. & now, I'm craving a true black again [insert eye roll]. In pictures, the door appears black-- but it person, it reads more of a blue based charcoal. It could be that the artwork is pulling out the blue undertones in the door, but those pieces were painted by my oldest & dearest friend & I love them in the entry way. Eventually, I think this door will be repainted but for right now, I'm keeping it as is. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Template by Pink + Lola